Weekly Update 04/12/2021 – Fr. Cyril Gorgy
Beloved Holy Resurrection Church family, wishing you a spiritually fruitful Lenten Fast. I pray that you are well and safe. Please check out some Lent Resources at this link.
Wednesday Divine Liturgy: Through out Lent the Wednesday Divine Liturgy will be from 3:00-5:45pm. No registration required. All participants are expected to read and abide by the General Guidelines.
Sunday Divine Liturgy: REGISTRATION is REQUIRED. Please use this link to submit a request. You will receive an email confirmation with the DATE you are scheduled to attend. When you arrive, a church servant will assign you a location. Space will be assigned based on first come basis. Once the church is full, overflow will be directed to adjacent space where the Divine Liturgy will be streamed live.
Small Groups: Small Groups consist of Men’s Small Groups and Women’s Small Groups. The day and the time will be set by each group based on the participants availability. The group will study and discuss a spiritual book together. It’s a good opportunity to spiritually grow and fellowship with fellow Orthodox Christians. Please use this link to sign up by April 23rd.
Coptic Education Foundation: CEF developed a One-Stop-Shop Program, a Complete Guide to College Admission. Use this this link for details. CEF will also hold a workshop for High Schoolers on Making the Most of Extracurriculars. The next session will be April 24 at 11:00 am. Please use this link for more information.
Diocese’s Parenting Ministry: Please visit this link to register for a Parenting Series scheduled on April 18.
Diocese’s Seniors Ministry: Will hold virtual meetings that will include a spiritual talk and health awareness related to the elderly. The first meeting will be on Tuesday April 13 at 7pm. Please use this link to join.
Sunday’s Sermon: We spoke about the healing of the Paralytic at the pool Bethesda (house of mercy), who was waiting for 38 years to be healed. We focused on the importance of not allowing anything to paralyze our spiritual life, and that we should always do our best and take small steps to grow spiritually. To view the sermon use this link, and scroll to 01:26:00.
May our Risen Lord support and protect you and your family by the power of His Holy Resurrection. Fr. Cyril
“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
Please sign up ONLY if you are a regular Holy Resurrection Church parishioner. Based on your expressed need to partake of the Eucharist, please review and abide by the following guidelines prior to attending church on your assigned day:
- Please STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK, or if you have a history or are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including FEVER or COUGH.
- If you have traveled in that last TWO WEEKS, please do not sign up to attend a Divine Liturgy until, TWO WEEKS have passed since you returned and you do not have any COVID19 symptoms, or you have been tested negative twice.
- If you were in direct contact with anyone that tested positive for COVID-19, please do not sign up or come to the church services, whether with symptoms or not, until you are tested negative.
- If you test positive please do not sign up or come to the church services until you are tested negative, for two consecutive tests, regardless of the time it takes to be tested negative twice.
- You will receive an email from the church with the day and time of the Divine Liturgy that you are scheduled to attend.
- No Walk-ins will be allowed for any reason.
- You should attend the Divine Liturgy at the church you regularly attend.
- Every church will take all the precautions necessary to ensure your safety, but your attendance is entirely your choice, and the church does not accept any liability.
When you come to church:
- Arrive on time. The church gate will ONLY be open at the beginning of the service and will remain closed for the duration. No one will be permitted to open the church door other than the church servant assigned by the clergy.
- Your body temperature may be taken prior to entering the church.
- You are required to wear a mask that completely covers your mouth and nose at all times during the service.
- You should sanitize your hands when entering the church.
Inside the Church:
- You must keep a minimum distance of 6 feet at all times between you and others that are not in your household. The Church will have pre-assigned seating to ensure proper social distancing.
- Each family (same household) should seated together.
- Please do not touch anything or anyone inside the church including icons, relics, clergy, and deacons, etc.
- For Ologea (Al Barka), the priest will wash his hands, cut it and distribute it. You will take it with your hand without touching the priest.
Partaking of the Eucharist:
- Please bring your own head covering, corporeal (for communion) and water to use for partaking of the Eucharist.
- Each family should come forward together to receive the Eucharist. As every family is approaching please maintain 6’ away from other families.
- During communion, you will remove your mask, open your mouth wide and slightly tilt head back so the priest can place the Holy Body.
- When taking the Holy Blood, open your mouth wide and slightly tilt head back and the priest will pour the Blood from the spoon into your mouth.
NO SOCIAL GATHERINGS AT CHURCH OR IN THE PARKING LOT FOR ANY REASON