Weekly Update 08/18/2020 – Fr. Cyril Gorgy
Beloved Holy Resurrection Church family,
I miss you and am praying that you are well and safe. Wishing you and your family a blessed St Mary’s Feast this Saturday August 22nd. In celebration of the Feast of St Mary, we will be celebrating the Divine Liturgy this Saturday from 8-10am. May her intercession be with us all.
Thank God, we are now praying all Divine Liturgies outdoors in the second parking lot. Please bring your own foldable chair, if possible. All participants are expected to read and STRICTLY follow the General Guidelines below. No registration will be required for this Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Parking is limited and therefore carpooling is encouraged. The Wednesday Divine Liturgy is from 7-9am and Sunday is from 8-10:15am. All other services will continue to be conducted virtually.
Last Sunday, we were reminded of how important it is to practice the virtues that St Mary practiced. For example, it would be ironic to fast two weeks for St Mary’s fast, while narcissistically dealing with those who are around me, and knowing that one of St Mary’s main virtues is humility. May The Lord help us all to apply the virtues we learned from St Mary in our daily life.
May our Risen Lord support and protect you, and your family by the power of His Holy Resurrection. Missing you very much.
For His Glory,
Please review and abide by the following guidelines prior to attending church:
- Please STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK, or if you have a history or are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including FEVER or COUGH.
- If you have traveled in that last TWO WEEKS, please do not sign up to attend a Divine Liturgy until, TWO WEEKS have passed since you returned and you do not have any COVID19 symptoms, or you have been tested negative twice.
- If you were in direct contact with anyone that tested positive for COVID-19, please do not sign up or come to the church services, whether with symptoms or not, until you are tested negative.
- If you test positive please do not sign up or come to the church services until you are tested negative, for two consecutive tests, regardless of the time it takes to be tested negative twice.
- Every church will take all the precautions necessary to ensure your safety, but your attendance is entirely your choice, and the church does not accept any liability.
When you come to church:
- Arrive on time. The church gate will ONLY be open at the beginning of the service and will remain closed for the duration. No one will be permitted to open the church door other than the church servant assigned by the clergy.
- Your body temperature may be taken prior to entering the church.
- You should wear a mask and gloves at all times during the service.
- You should sanitize your hands when entering the church.
Inside the Church:
- You must keep a minimum distance of 6 feet at all times between you and others that are not in your household.
- Each family (same household) should seated together.
- Children will stand with their parents even if they are deacons.
- Please do not touch anything or anyone inside the church including icons, relics, clergy, and deacons, etc.
- For Ologea (Al Barka), the priest will wash his hands, cut it and distribute it. You will take it with your hand without touching the priest.
- After Liturgy, we need to stagger exiting from the church as individuals or families to ensure we maintain social distancing guidelines.
Partaking of the Eucharist:
- Please bring your own head covering, corporeal (for communion) and water to use for partaking of the Eucharist.
- Each family should come forward together to receive the Eucharist. As every family is approaching please maintain 6’ away from other families.
- During communion, you will remove your mask, open your mouth wide and have your tongue lay flat so the priest can place the Holy Body on your tongue.
- When taking the Holy Blood, open your mouth wide and the priest will pour the Blood from the spoon into your mouth.
NO SOCIAL GATHERINGS AT CHURCH OR IN THE PARKING LOT FOR ANY REASON